Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Sublimation Printing

 Almost two years ago, I purchased some used heat presses from a friend. It has been a learning process. I had no clue what I was doing, or what I needed to purchase to be able to create items. 

Well, the first thing I figured out was, I needed to buy a printer that would print sublimation ink. You don’t just run down to Walmart for one, so after quite a few phone calls and a lot of questions, I ordered a printer. I didn’t realize printers could cost that much! And the ink is not cheap either! Thankfully I have only had to purchase once since the initial purchase. 

I love making the mugs. I can use my design or customers can send me a good quality jpeg and have a personalized mug made. The used mug press that I bought, wore out, so I had to replace it. Last summer I purchased a new press that can press, shot glasses, 3 Oz mugs, 11&15 Oz mugs, 11&17 Oz latte mugs. 

I have a hat press also. But being that sublimation has to be printed on 100% polyester, I have only printed one hat. I need to look for hats in different styles, I didn’t like the style I tried. Kind of looked like an Elmer Fud hat. 

My flat press is a George Knight 16”x20”. I can press any garment that is 100% polyester, fabric, ceramic, poly ornaments or key fobs and so much more! 







No comments:

Post a Comment