Monday, April 5, 2021

THANKFUL

My word for 2021is “thankful”. With all that is happening and our way of life turned upside down, it’s sometimes hard to find things to be thankful for. With the craft shows being canceled last fall and my neck trouble this winter, it was getting me down. A couple months ago when I was having my daily pity party, my ever wise husband pointed out some positive points in my situation. I decided the best way to handle that was ignore him, after all he wasn’t living this neck shoulder pain and very limited activity level, plus not being able to sit at the sewing machine! A few hours later he comes back from his wood room with a platform for my sewing machine to sit on. I still couldn’t sit there, but he designed it so my neck/spine would be be in the proper alignment when I was ready. I am able to sit now for 5 minutes at a time, but I am “thankful “ for that much. And I am so “thankful “ for John’s patience, and knowledge at building things. 

My 97 year old Mom ended up in the hospital for two nights. I called her yesterday morning to see how she was feeling, and she yelled in the phone, I’m going home! I was so “thankful “ she was able to home for Easter!  Later in the day my sister Irene called and said Mom wanted to come out. Three of our kids and their families were here and she hadn’t seen them in over a year. We had to get her in the house and there are 6 steps up to the deck. Going up she decided she could walk. Well it took three guys and very slow motion! So after a wonderful visit and some great laughs, she decided she would let them carry her in the wheelchair back down the steps. A lot of discussion and planning was put into how was best to do it. She told them they were in charge of how, but please don’t drop her. 🤣. We were able to push her up the ramp of the trailer, so she finally got to see it in person! I am so very “thankful “ for Irene driving her out here, my sister Kay for being her healthcare advocate, which is a job some days! And my brother James for taking her home after being discharged, John, Evertt and Conrad for their careful handling of her. I hope when I am her age, I will also have a positive attitude and be “thankful” like she is! I am “thankful” that three of our kids and their families could be here and our two kids that couldn’t be here, were making Easter memories with their kids! 

Your reward for being “thankful “ is, the more you are “thankful” for the happier you feel! ❤️


1 comment: