Wednesday, February 24, 2021

I’m grounded


 After my last post, my shoulder and arm pain increased.  We decided to go to the Twin Cities Spine Center for a second opinion. John and I went to the Cities on Monday, and Amanda went with us to the Spine Center. They said the arm pain and the previous redness was a result of the nerve being irritated and not an allergic reaction to the injection, I’m thankful for that. 

Dr. Mueller decided that I should have another injection, but a different kind than Duluth did. Tuesday morning I had an injection through the front of my neck into the nerve root at C6-7. He said let me know when you feel it in your arm. I don’t think he meant scream, but that’s what I did, wow, painful!! He just said, good I got what I wanted. We came home from the Cities last night, and I had therapy this morning. I will go to therapy two days a week for neck and shoulder strengthening. My therapist said I can do any activity until it gets painful. I cooked a little today. I think John liked the break. No sewing, but I hope I can ease into that in a few weeks. I’m thankful I can run the embroidery machine without too much effort. 

We won’t know for a few weeks if this injection worked. My next step is surgery to fuse C6-7. I’m not crazy about that, so I’m praying this plan works! 



John has grounded my trailer! He has been so good about helping me get out there, but now he says it’s time to concentrate on healing, so that I will be able to operate this new venture for years to come. I hope to be out with the trailer in a month or so. Or as John says, maybe a few months! 

The trailer won’t be out but I have plenty of inventory on hand. I can text, Facebook message or email photos of items you are interested in. I can deliver to Virginia two days a week. Or if you feel like a drive, you are welcome to contact me and setup an appointment to come here and shop in the trailer.  I have St Patrick’s Day vinyl embroidered gnomes, leprechaun and coffee mugs. Easter eggs pockets with finger puppets. I will try to post photos often of current inventory.

The sun is shining and the snow is melting! I drove on clear pavement today. Spring is coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment