Saturday, February 13, 2021

Valentines Day



 I have much  to be thankful for, I just have to remember to be thankful! I have been having shoulder  trouble for quite a few years. Mostly tight muscles. I would go for acupuncture  treatments and they would help for a few months. It got worse in December, I blamed it on all the sewing I do in the fall. I finally went in the end of December, I went for a few treatments and it got worse instead of better. I was sent for an MRI and found I have a bulging disc and arthritis at C6-7 in my neck. I went last Thursday for an injection in the disc. I felt better that night and Friday. Saturday my left arm started to hurt and my fingers were tingling. By Monday my arm was red and I was very uncomfortable. So back to the doc to find out, I am allergic to the dye in the injection. She put me on an antihistamine and increased one pain med. By Thursday my dry eye was terrible. I had been treated for a few years for that, and it was under control and my eyes were healthy. More consulting with the doctors, to find that the antihistamine was drying out my eyes. They decided I could discontinue it and then prescribed a steroid eye drop. Two days of using it and my eyes are starting to feel better. My shoulder is feeling better and most of the arm pain is gone.Not much sewing for the last month was causing withdrawals! Every time I would sit at the machine, the tingling down my arm was unbearable. So this morning John came up with the idea to change the placement of my machine. He made a platform for my machine that tilts down towards me. So now my neck stays straight instead of looking down and keeping my neck bent for long periods of time. Through all of this John has taken over everything in the house, because I spent most days in the recliner. And today coming up,with a solution to get me back sewing, I am so thankful for him! Sometimes when life gets busy we take those around us for granted. I don’t want to sound mushy and sappy :), but this man is is my greatest blessing! I couldn’t have asked for a better life partner My trailer wouldn’t have happened without all his help and knowledge. Tomorrow is Valentines Day and I won’t get roses and chocolate, but I will know I am his world and he is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment